Post here if you're Aus (So we all know who is Aussie) - Page 8 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > > >
Post here if you're Aus (So we all know who is Aussie)

Old 09-06-2008, 10:47 PM   #71
davey_charlie
2.2L

Car: 2001 wrx
Trader Rating: (0)

sounds good tim, will be interesting to see the results! make sure you build it abit more cost effective than the avo turbo kit
davey_charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2008, 02:14 AM   #72
Tradewind
2.0L Turbo

Car: MY05 Impreza 2.5RS Aqua blue M
Fav Mod: Raptor Supercharger kit -
Trader Rating: (4)

Davey

Tell me about that turbo kit and what it costs on the car running and tuned, would like to hear what you know about it.

Will produce this kit for best price I can
Tradewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:58 AM   #73
davey_charlie
2.2L

well i talked to avo a while back and they said they had only sold a few turbo kits, i cant exactly remember what the kit costs to buy itself, but they quoted $9000-10000 drive in drive out. So i really dont see the pourpose in their kits when you can get a full wrx conversion inc, drivetrain, gearbox, brakes, suspenision and a tune for $10000 as i have been quoted from a workshop that specializes in subarus.
ive seen the kit on the 2.5 rs that you posted on youtube, very impressive. what figures did you have in mind for that kit?
Old 09-07-2008, 07:05 PM   #74
Tradewind
2.0L Turbo

Davey

Looking around $4700 non intercooled and if you DIY then thats all it will cost
Old 09-07-2008, 11:47 PM   #75
davey_charlie
2.2L

it would run pretty hot if its not intercooled wouldnt it? that price sounds more realistic than the avo kit, but its still expensive. you have to put into mind that people have to see the reason in buying this kit in comparason to upgrading to a wrx. if it was priced around the same as the Swift kit you have + intercooling you would sell twice as many kits and it would be a real option for most rx/rs drivers compared to upgrading to a wrx.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:31 AM   #76
Tradewind
2.0L Turbo

davey

It might seem expensive but its the cheapest kit we do (the Swift kit is Taiwanese) and certainly lower priced than anything else. In our market survey we put forward a price of $5500 and everyone was happy with that, now its at $4700 it will be fine. I could probably sell cheaper kits but that never results in happy customers as I have to leave out important parts which will kill reliability of the engine. Our philosophy from day 1 in this business is do it right even if we end up a bit more expensive.

That thinking now sees us as a very trusted supplier in the Holden Commodore scene with market share going our way big time even tho the other systems are cheaper (and nastier).

We'd rather not do it at all rather than half do it, for now no one apart from some obviously expensive turbo setups (which obviously sell also) sell anything much for the Subaru engines. We have export orders waiting for us in Greece, UK and the USA and we were up front about pricing from day one. If ultimately it didn't pan out then we will still have had a lot of fun with our RS anyway

As for running hot on 6psi ....... no chance, very little energy is required to make 6psi happen and consequently very little heating. With a nice cold air intake this 6psi kit will be just the ticket to wake the EJs from their slumber
Old 09-08-2008, 05:48 PM   #77
davey_charlie
2.2L

have you done any on a gc?
mates rates, il be ur promotional car lol
Old 09-09-2008, 12:59 AM   #78
Tradewind
2.0L Turbo

Smile davey's tricks

Davey

You gonna have to humour me bud, not up with this GC bit .......... Subaru speak that I am still learning How about a pic of your GC8 RX ......
Old 09-09-2008, 01:08 AM   #79
marcf
2.5L

Car: 2005 Impreza RS wagon
Fav Mod: Swaybars

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey_charlie View Post
you have to put into mind that people have to see the reason in buying this kit in comparason to upgrading to a wrx.
I looked at that option, it would cost me about the same to trade in on a WRX of same age/km, and who knows how it's been treated...

big bonus for me, it's about 3-4 times cheaper to insure a supercharged RS than a WRX
marcf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:16 AM   #80
Tradewind
2.0L Turbo

Buying a used WRX is a major "pig in a bag" kind of proposition, there are some nice lady owner 2nd hand units out there that would be a great buy but many have had a dodgy bleed valved fitted at one time or other leading to lean outs etc..

A person with a nice RS with a known history (usually not flogged anyway) could add a charger kit set up properly and have a decent car with lower insurance premiums.
Anyhow won't go into the WRX thing anymore, we have the item coming up for RS owners and all other Subarus with EJ20 and EJ25.