New to forum, looking for some help - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
New to forum, looking for some help

Old 07-23-2019, 10:57 AM   #1
DesertIngenuity
1.8L

Car: 2008, Impreza 2.5i, blue
Fav Mod: Hood sticker
Trader Rating: (0)
Default New to forum, looking for some help

Hello, I'm new to the forum but I have been a lurker for a while. I bought a beat up 2008 2.5i Impreza sedan MT last year with almost 150,000 miles on it. I had time and money to do my own 150,000 tune up on it and all was well sourcing parts and tips and tricks. I replaced the clutch, flywheel, pilot bearing, throw out bearing, valve cover gaskets, front control arms, front axles and seals, oil breather tubes, radiator hoses, power steering hose, all 4 wheel bearings, driveline, front brake pads and rotors, steering ball joints and a few other things that are escaping my memory. I ran into a snag when I went to put the intake back together, there was a homemade pcv hose that went from the aluminum intake in front of the throttle body down to the pcv valve. I need to order a new one to replace it but I ran out of time. There is also a hose that goes from the plastic intake and appears it is supposed to go somewhere on top of the engine block near the pcv valve but I can't figure out where it goes. When I tore everything apart everything sorta lifted out without any effort. I noticed the free hanging hose but figured I would just hook it up to the obvious place when it goes back together. Here I am after many hours of YouTube searches, shop manual diagrams and Subaru parts diagrams unable to find where this hose is supposed to go. I'm fairly confident it is supposed to T into the pcv system but I can't locate what the part should be, or if it should be between the block and the pcv valve. I would love if someone could share a picture of there pcv hoses where they attach to the block or fitting. Older Subarus show a T system but I can't find the specifics for my setup. Sorry for the long post...
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2019, 06:17 PM   #2
2slo4u
needs more cowbell

Fav Mod: Aebs sleeves & Holyheader
Trader Rating: (41)

There may be a small sensor that goes between the intake tube hose and a hose going to the pcv splitter coming from the block, I believe. My 07 2.5i is designed that way. Check and see if there is an extra two pin electrical connector in that area.