DIY: Auto To Manual Swap - Page 21 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
 
Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker
 
Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
DIY: Auto To Manual Swap
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #201
69subaru360
2.0L Turbo
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maine
Trader Rating: (15)
Posts: 1,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by makipsee View Post
i have a 98RS with an auto to manual swap. i spliced in the neutral and reverse switches and the car starts fine. my problem is that i have a high idle. i tried searching this thread but only got back one post with a high idle and there wasnt anything helpful in it. has anyone else run in to this problem or does anyone have an idea of what it might be?

You need to ground the mt/at id pin on the ecu. I usually move the a/diagnosis pin that's not needed anymore over to the at/mt id location and ground it.
69subaru360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-15-2012, 06:07 AM   #202
makipsee
2.2L
 
Car: 98 2.5RS RBP
Fav Mod: exhaust
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: central islip, ny
Trader Rating: (2)
Posts: 170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69subaru360 View Post
You need to ground the mt/at id pin on the ecu. I usually move the a/diagnosis pin that's not needed anymore over to the at/mt id location and ground it.
i tried that i followed the diagram with the pin outs and when we grounded that pin it would have a dead miss. but my friend and i were thinking that b/c the 98 is different maybe the pin outs are different as well
makipsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:34 AM   #203
69subaru360
2.0L Turbo
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maine
Trader Rating: (15)
Posts: 1,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by makipsee View Post
i tried that i followed the diagram with the pin outs and when we grounded that pin it would have a dead miss. but my friend and i were thinking that b/c the 98 is different maybe the pin outs are different as well
You got the wrong pin.

Find the right pinout here

NorthUrsalia.com: Wiring Diagrams And ECU Pinouts
69subaru360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:26 AM   #204
makipsee
2.2L
 
Car: 98 2.5RS RBP
Fav Mod: exhaust
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: central islip, ny
Trader Rating: (2)
Posts: 170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69subaru360 View Post
You got the wrong pin.

Find the right pinout here

NorthUrsalia.com: Wiring Diagrams And ECU Pinouts
I have checked on there connector B84 pin82 when we grounded it and tried 2 start it we got the miss fire
makipsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:27 AM   #205
69subaru360
2.0L Turbo
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maine
Trader Rating: (15)
Posts: 1,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by makipsee View Post
I have checked on there connector B84 pin82 when we grounded it and tried 2 start it we got the miss fire
No, depin the connector from B84 80 and cut the wire. Install it in the empty spot at B84 81 and ground the end you cut.

Remember when you are looking at the pinout diagram it's a view from the backside of the connector where the wires go in.
69subaru360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #206
makipsee
2.2L
 
Car: 98 2.5RS RBP
Fav Mod: exhaust
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: central islip, ny
Trader Rating: (2)
Posts: 170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69subaru360 View Post
No, depin the connector from B84 80 and cut the wire. Install it in the empty spot at B84 81 and ground the end you cut.

Remember when you are looking at the pinout diagram it's a view from the backside of the connector where the wires go in.
ooooo ok now i see.. yea for the fact there was no pin in it, it threw my friend and i off so we thought it was looking at it from the other end. so i dont need pin 80 i guess? now in grounding 81 i loose ABS right? or as long as the TCU is connected it doesnt matter?
makipsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:10 PM   #207
69subaru360
2.0L Turbo
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maine
Trader Rating: (15)
Posts: 1,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by makipsee View Post
ooooo ok now i see.. yea for the fact there was no pin in it, it threw my friend and i off so we thought it was looking at it from the other end. so i dont need pin 80 i guess? now in grounding 81 i loose ABS right? or as long as the TCU is connected it doesnt matter?
No you don't need 80 anymore it's AT diagnosis.

It shouldn't affect the ABS. But I never really cared, the abs sucks on these cars anyway.
69subaru360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #208
makipsee
2.2L
 
Car: 98 2.5RS RBP
Fav Mod: exhaust
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: central islip, ny
Trader Rating: (2)
Posts: 170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69subaru360 View Post
No you don't need 80 anymore it's AT diagnosis.

It shouldn't affect the ABS. But I never really cared, the abs sucks on these cars anyway.
ooo ok awesome thanks a lot! grounding pin 81 will also kill the check engine light right?
makipsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:50 PM   #209
69subaru360
2.0L Turbo
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maine
Trader Rating: (15)
Posts: 1,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by makipsee View Post
ooo ok awesome thanks a lot! grounding pin 81 will also kill the check engine light right?
yes
69subaru360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:52 PM   #210
makipsee
2.2L
 
Car: 98 2.5RS RBP
Fav Mod: exhaust
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: central islip, ny
Trader Rating: (2)
Posts: 170
Default

i have searched for an answer but nothing has helped... i keep getting a p1722 code... on the ECU pin 81 is grounded and pin 80 is cut, the tcu is unplugged, i even went as far as unplugging the "dropping resistor".. and still after 2 key cycles it comes back up... could someone please help ??
makipsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2019 VerticalScope Inc.
Designed & Powered by Domain Architect