DIY: ProjectLambda Stock ECU Reflash Tuning (Master Reference Thread) - Page 7 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
DIY: ProjectLambda Stock ECU Reflash Tuning (Master Reference Thread)

Old 02-05-2017, 11:02 AM   #61
silverton
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: turrrrrbbbbooooo
Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danscomp View Post
Quick question on this stuff. So I've got a turbo EJ251 with delta 1500's and cam's + 2bar map. Car runs fine when warm, drives around and whatnot. My issue is when it's warming up it goes lean to rich for a bit and hunts. Also, if I give the throttle a quick stab it gets lean.

For part a)
I found the startup compensation thing, and I'm using an automatic ecu (car is manual) with my idle at 1000 rpm. Any reason why the AT and MT don't use the same factor for correcting (one is coolant, one is throttle position)? Any suggestions with this

For part b)
I've got nothing....
Presuming the AT uses TPS, because the transmission needs to know engine load to determine which gear. But can you confirm that it is the AT that uses TPS? If it's coolant, that's why I can't make a good tune!

Last edited by silverton; 02-06-2017 at 08:24 PM..
silverton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2017, 07:05 PM   #62
iamjustincase
1.8L

Car: 2000 Impreza 2.5RS
Fav Mod: EJ257/251 hybrid build

This is amazing, and perfect timing for me to find this.

Just about to pull the trigger on a super old Link G1 for a 257/251 turbo build im piecing together right now.
This is looking like a much better option from what i have read so far.

Subscribing for future updates, OP would you be alright with me sending you a PM with all the specs of my setup to see if this would work for my goals?

Great work on this btw, cant believe you figured all this own in a sort of diy/trial and error sort of fashion. A+

Last edited by iamjustincase; 02-15-2017 at 12:01 AM..
iamjustincase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:29 PM   #63
ImprezaRSC
2.0L Turbo

Car: 2000 2.5RS BRP
Fav Mod: 8 SEMA awards.
Trader Rating: (2)

I'm noodling with the latest version this weekend. There's a new template that uses the MAP sensor for power fueling instead of the TPS (966X). I like its capabilities so far.

I did have to reset the ECU and fiddle with my mapping a bit. Transition to open loop is pretty seamless. I can tailor the switchover to open loop. Throttle gets meaner, much quicker. My setup is all about throttle opening and this new template helps to amplify that. Revs jump quicker from idle. It used to jump to 4k at a stab. Now it jumps to 5k. Letting the clutch out and giving it throttle feels sharper than it ever has.

My inability to raise the rev limit may have been a tuning issue all along. I have a breakup at 6500rpm that is lessening a bit depending on fuelling, or adding a bit more air with the IAC at higher RPM. I go past that point a few times cleanly. Then, it starts to break up right at that point, but everything else feels ok. It will pull past the break-up, but I don't want to hurt the motor. It is still just a stock 2.0L.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:47 AM   #64
Impreza boy
1.8L

Car: 2002 Subaru Impreza

Sorry if this is completely obvious, but is this tuning software set up for an aftermarket turbo application? I downloaded the software and didn't see any boost maps.
I do realize that project lambda is relatively new and is still being updated.

Btw I'm so glad that flashing our ECU's is now possible Huge thanks to those involved.
Impreza boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:31 PM   #65
nhawks
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Ricer Red parts for +25KW

Yeah its a tuning software you can do whatever you want, theres just not any kinda base maps for aftermarket setups. Building your own base map for a turbo setup isn't too hard though, a bit of rescaling for the higher maf load or map psi, maybe scale in a higher reading sensor or two, pull timing as load/boost increases add richer fuel targets with the increasing load/boost. proabably hit a point where you need to scale in larger injectors aswell etc.
nhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:39 AM   #66
Bansheeboy11
I ❤ BOOBIES

Fav Mod: 300K Club
Trader Rating: (59)

Do you need the blue dongle they sell or can this be used with the tactrix/vagcom units? Im up to my dongle in dongles...
Old 03-26-2017, 08:43 AM   #67
ImprezaRSC
2.0L Turbo

Yes, you need the dongle.

I'm still working on cranking and idle with the new template. Start up takes a bit and it dies coming back to idle from a rev.

This new template makes very good power and driveability, though. I've got enough response to drift in the wet by rolling into the throttle. That's on a mechanically detuned 2.0L N/A (still no AVCS.) It spins coming out of corners in the dry in the first 3 gears.

I have had to massage the fueling to make it happy, pulling out a bit of fuel in the power tables. I'm not pulling as much fuel in the decel tables, anymore. The STFT would jump up when the decel fuel compensation was applied, so I left more fuel in to compensate. Leaning it out properly has done wonders, but I'm not 100% happy with it just yet. Happy with progress, but aiming for perfection.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:41 AM   #68
Illnastyimpreza
2.0L Turbo

Car: 98 2.5RS, GT30R, Haltech E1000
Fav Mod: the one that works
Trader Rating: (5)

anyone heard any news of the pre 99 ECU being flashable/crackable/tunable???

<------ 98 JECS ecu here
Old 03-26-2017, 01:22 PM   #69
ImprezaRSC
2.0L Turbo

My dying idle problem is resolved. It would drown out when settling down to idle from a throttle stab. Revs would jump quick, but it would die on the way back down at idle. When I run it up and then shift into neutral, it would stumble and stall at idle after the rev settled. I leaned out the AFR in open loop at idle and now it's happy.

Open loop is set to come in a bit over 10% throttle because of the insane throttle response. Everywhere I cruise, I'm typically at or below 10% throttle. It stays in open loop in neutral after stabbing the throttle for a bit. I never worked on that little section of the map because I never thought it went there. It's plain as day on the logs after repeating the bug a few times.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:30 AM   #70
Impreza boy
1.8L

Car: 2002 Subaru Impreza

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhawks View Post
Yeah its a tuning software you can do whatever you want, theres just not any kinda base maps for aftermarket setups. Building your own base map for a turbo setup isn't too hard though, a bit of rescaling for the higher maf load or map psi, maybe scale in a higher reading sensor or two, pull timing as load/boost increases add richer fuel targets with the increasing load/boost. proabably hit a point where you need to scale in larger injectors aswell etc.
Sweet! This is great news. I've never had any experience tuning before, but will need to be able to tune in the future. I just picked up an emanage ultimate and was about to chop up my harness to install it before finding this thread... It seems like this tuning solution beats the emanage in pretty much every aspect?

What effects do the boost maps have for factory turbo'd cars? Are they anything that would be needed on a boosted N/A, or are they just for the factory turbo'd ecus to monitor?
I do realize that I'd have to stick with a manual boost controller, but that's not a big deal.

Last edited by Impreza boy; 03-27-2017 at 09:33 AM..
Impreza boy is offline   Reply With Quote