DIY: ProjectLambda Stock ECU Reflash Tuning (Master Reference Thread) - Page 6 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
DIY: ProjectLambda Stock ECU Reflash Tuning (Master Reference Thread)

Old 11-22-2016, 07:45 AM   #51
silverton
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: turrrrrbbbbooooo
Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprezaRSC View Post
I noodled with the acceleration enrichment this week. I like the results. Tip in everywhere in the rpm range in a lot quicker. It can launch easy and take off a lot quicker. ITB cars typically need some loving on the accel tables. Throttle roll-on, jabs, and tip-in are all improved. No bogging, loading up, or flat-spots on tip in anywhere in the RPM band.

For those of you doing turbo work, this should greatly help your spool-up. You know how turbos respond pretty instantly on these cars, and this should bring it in even quicker, IMO.
When you do things like this, does this require a license+flash to update?
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2016, 09:29 PM   #52
Hatecrewdeathroll
1.8L

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverton View Post
When you do things like this, does this require a license+flash to update?
Yes
Hatecrewdeathroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 10:12 PM   #53
MCV
2.0L Turbo

Car: MY99 OBS
Fav Mod: 04 forester struts
Trader Rating: (12)

I've been mixing e85 with regular gas for 2-3 months leading up to 50/50 mix on my last tank of gas. When the low fuel light came on I went and filled up 7 gallons of E85 and drove that for a week. At 1st cold start ups, I had to give it a little more gas for it to start(only didn't start in cold mornings). During the day it seemed to start fine. After a week, I filled up a full tank of e85 and it started right up no problems and so far I have not had to give it more gas on start ups (have not tried in really cold weather yet). Car seems to drive fine, has more kick than running 87 octane. Thinking about doing the wrx injectors, walbro fuel pump, headers, exhaust, CAI and see if I can get it tuned by delicious tuning to see what kind of gains our car can get with these basic bolt on.
Old 01-21-2017, 04:25 PM   #54
crjohnson
2.0L

Any updates from Project Lamda lately?

I just finished building and installing my new ej251 (delta 1500 cams, 2.5i big plenum/long runner intake, match ported heads with intake and exhaust, STI head gaskets, arp head studs and conrod bolts.

So far it runs much better than the old motor (and ran better again with my 4-1 exhaust but had to remove it due to ground clearance issues..).

BUT dad is pretty keen on advancing the ignition timing a bit and believes it would really help the motor a lot (hes been building racing motors for a long time...). Wondering if a ProjectLamda purchase would be the best thing against going full stand alone ecu?
crjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 04:48 PM   #55
nhawks
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Ricer Red parts for +25KW

yep if you need basic tuning for your motor it works pretty well. You should be able to see some gains from leaning it out as they run a bit rich. putting some higher octance in and giving it a little more timing. You can also raise the revlimit, although I wouldn't go much over stock if you didn't add any valve springs. This is cheaper then any standalone that's worth paying for and will run way nicer with much less work. plus you don't have to worry about emissions plug in checks if your state has that stuff. The software can also delete CELs.
nhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 01:16 AM   #56
crjohnson
2.0L

Yea we put super tech springs in, up'd the seat and nose pressures a bit so they should easily be good for 7000rpm. But I doubt it'll need to go that far..
crjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 09:30 AM   #57
Hatecrewdeathroll
1.8L

Thumbs up

Crjohnson, I highly recommend this software / hardware bundle. I use it often. Get it
Hatecrewdeathroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 06:55 PM   #58
danscomp
2.2L

Quick question on this stuff. So I've got a turbo EJ251 with delta 1500's and cam's + 2bar map. Car runs fine when warm, drives around and whatnot. My issue is when it's warming up it goes lean to rich for a bit and hunts. Also, if I give the throttle a quick stab it gets lean.

For part a)
I found the startup compensation thing, and I'm using an automatic ecu (car is manual) with my idle at 1000 rpm. Any reason why the AT and MT don't use the same factor for correcting (one is coolant, one is throttle position)? Any suggestions with this

For part b)
I've got nothing....
danscomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 06:37 AM   #59
nhawks
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Ricer Red parts for +25KW

likely your volumetric efficiency needs to be rescaled. (I forget what exactly its called in this tuner) but for the other Subaru speed density if your volumetric efficiency is off it will hunt around at warmup while the air fuel trims come into play.
nhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 10:08 AM   #60
ImprezaRSC
2.0L Turbo

Car: 2000 2.5RS BRP
Fav Mod: 8 SEMA awards.
Trader Rating: (2)

Check your static/idle TPS voltage and make sure it's in factory spec, just to cover that base.

Warm-up compensation should help the issue. Cams are going to blow a little more fuel out the exhaust, so it will try to lean out a bit.

I'm working on mine today for E85. It's cold an humid out. The thing didn't want to start, but I hadn't messed with it for cold weather yet.