DIY: ProjectLambda Stock ECU Reflash Tuning (Master Reference Thread) - Page 23 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
DIY: ProjectLambda Stock ECU Reflash Tuning (Master Reference Thread)

Old 03-17-2019, 09:14 PM   #221
crjohnson
2.0L

Trader Rating: (0)

I guess the speeduino 'looks' a bit more like a fancy ecu and tuning program compared to the BlueSSM? Plus it looks more like a proper stand alone (but megasquirt style) with programmable injector and ignitions I/O's.

Can anyone tell me what the projectlambda live tuning feature is like? I'm hoping to get this feature added to the ADM ecu soon, sounds like it would be a much quicker way of tuning vs the my usual datalog-review-change-load-start engine again-go driving etc.

Does it put more stress on the ecu chip itself? I'm a little conscious of the limited number of flash it seems to be able to do. Getting a spare ecu isn't too hard but transferring the license etc might take a while and put the car out of action.
crjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2019, 07:55 AM   #222
danscomp
2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO671 View Post
There's been a big shift in the NA/T community to using Speeduino.

What's the opinions on Speeduino vs ProjectLamdba right now, and what are the pros/cons?
I'm also really interested. Right now ProjectLambda has all the stock ecu goodies plus the ability to adjust most options (and now with "launch control" and pops & bangs mode) so I'm not sure why go away to a completely standalone.

Curious to see the speeduino feedback
danscomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 06:41 PM   #223
Crawlerado
1.8L

Car: '99 RS Coupe
Fav Mod: "One Less Prius" sticker

Quote:
Limiters

Rev limiter so far is fairly useless. Doesn't work in gear.

We'll cover this more when they actually work. You can move high rpm fuel cut down, but not up at this point in time. I have it working in neutral, but not in gear. Bypassing the neutral safety switch and clutch switches did not work.
Has anyone made any progress on the rev limiter front?

I got the launch control working on my '99 last week, tons of fun!
Old 06-04-2019, 07:11 PM   #224
crjohnson
2.0L

Someone (maybe yourself? Gareth?) asked about this on the 'All Motor N/a Subarus" facebook page yesterday i think. Apparently it has and can be done no worries.
Old 06-05-2019, 07:16 AM   #225
Crawlerado
1.8L

Car: '99 RS Coupe
Fav Mod: "One Less Prius" sticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by crjohnson View Post
Someone (maybe yourself? Gareth?) asked about this on the 'All Motor N/a Subarus" facebook page yesterday i think. Apparently it has and can be done no worries.
T'wasn't me - joining now, thanks!
Old 06-05-2019, 02:03 PM   #226
johnxx
2.2L

Car: '96 OBS
Fav Mod: EJ204!
Trader Rating: (2)

I've got an EJ204 running in wastedCOP/batch fuel on a Speeduino with the 36-2-2-2 trigger. I started a journal and I do intend to write up the whole thing, but I'm still in the middle of cleaning up wiring enough that I feel like I can trust the car. In the meantime I'm happy to answer questions over at my journal (so as not to pull this thread too far off-topic).
johnxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 06:47 PM   #227
ImprezaRSC
2.0L Turbo

Car: 2000 2.5RS BRP
Fav Mod: 8 SEMA awards.
Trader Rating: (2)

I've been looking at Speeduino but haven't jumped on board yet. Been doing other things.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:54 PM   #228
mberenis
1.8L

Fav Mod: Paint

I just picked up this software for my 2.5RS coupe ej251 sohc usdm, i'm going to start tuning for NA and then convert to td04 on low boost. I'll be vlogging this too. Just wanted to say great software so far, i'll report back my findings and diy vids if anyone is interested. #boostaholics
mberenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 01:56 AM   #229
crjohnson
2.0L

I'll definitely be following your findings progress! Happy to send you any logs or maps from my car if you're interested!

Is #boostaholics on Instagram or YouTube or something??
Old 07-01-2019, 08:26 PM   #230
mberenis
1.8L

Fav Mod: Paint

its my youtube channel, ive been doing this since 2007. its around 220k subs mostly subaru content. but i digress

i got the cable today and started working with it. I like the software, its very good. the live tune feature is SO helpful.

So my mods are k&n filter, tsudo header and test pipe, and hks catback. I was able to make 148/146 whp/wtq today in 90*f at 100ft, on 87 octane. Since i dont have a dyno, i was conservative with timing and mainly focused on fuel. kept my lambda around .85, but did add some timing.

One issue i ran into was in the mid range, it stopped responding to fuel request and wouldnt get less than low .9's despite many attempts to add fuel. I think Ive possibly maxed out my fuel system already lololol

stock inj and fuel pump

im gonna drop in fuel pump and try to score some wrx inj and see if that helps. The fuel issue occurred around peak ve, while i did not log idc (not sure if it can or not i didnt look) but my ipw was around 13 lol. so Im pretty sure theyre drained
mberenis is offline   Reply With Quote