DIY: ProjectLambda Stock ECU Reflash Tuning (Master Reference Thread) - Page 2 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
DIY: ProjectLambda Stock ECU Reflash Tuning (Master Reference Thread)

Old 09-07-2016, 10:19 AM   #11
nhawks
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Ricer Red parts for +25KW
Trader Rating: (0)

The timing on this thing couldn't have been more perfect. basically my buddy had all the bits collected for the turbo setup and we were planning on doing the hack job wrx ecu wire in but this popped up and I was like ok, this could work. Seems to do just that. Its crazy how shitty these cars run with boost on the n/a tune, cant believe some peoples hold together as long as they do. Don't get me wrong I love my 16bit sti ecu on carberry with all the fun bells and whistles, but you cant argue with a couple hundred bucks to control all you really need to on your stock ecu.
nhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2016, 02:28 PM   #12
92ss
Account Closed For Now

Car: 2000 2.5RS, '06 EJ207 swap
Trader Rating: (7)

First I want to say thanks to ImprezaRSC for the time he's put into creating this thread. He has been the most helpful beta tester so far and has provided a mountain of data logs on gasoline and E85 tunes.

nhawks, thanks for the feedback. The software is able to reflash the ECU in 2 separate blocks (2 halves of the flash memory). It only reflashes the block that needs updating.

If you're using Romraider for datalogging, try clicking the disconnect button in Romraider and leave it open before going back to use the tuner. When you're done with reflash go back to Romraider and click connect. This works for me. I am working on adding logging to the tuner so we don't have to do that anymore. It will also give access to more parameters that are missing right now like Feedback Knock Correction and IAM.

The spark timing rounding off is because that's the way the ECU stores the values. I could modify it to accept 0.5 deg increments if there's enough demand for that feature.

Sent you an email about the file opening error, I'll look into it. Also will add your suggestions for the editor to my list of stuff to work on.

Live adjustment is possible on the SD ECUs right now. I was just waiting for nhawks to try out the new MAF stuff. Sounds like it worked so I will add live tuning for MAF ECUs now.

There is a setting in the JECS ECU to run 4 coils, I just need to trace which ECU pins are used for the 2 added coil outputs.
92ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 03:52 PM   #13
Hydrochloric
2.2L Turbo

Car: 2000 2.5RS/C BRP
Fav Mod: M62 Boostin'!
Trader Rating: (3)

Wow, okay, between the (possible) 4 coil option and the live tuning, that would make me switch back...

But that said, it may be possible that the JECS doesn't have pins for the extra two outputs. For instance, using the CarBerry ROM on the WRX ECU lets it control AVCS, since it's based on a JDM code, but the USDM ECUs don't have any pins for it. I guess you could technically find the pins on the actual IC, but that's too far for me.
Old 09-08-2016, 05:48 AM   #14
nhawks
2.0L Turbo

Theres some situations where the ecu does have the hardware to run more outputs because it was cheaper to mass produce them all with a the same amount of everything then not use what you don't need, but then they also make them with the least amount possible when it comes to money so it will be interesting to see how its setup. On the 16bit ecus you have the footwork for 6cyl control but don't actually have any of the hardware connecting them together. At least that's what ive seen in my feable 2nd grade electronics mind when ive poked around them.
Old 09-08-2016, 06:13 AM   #15
nhawks
2.0L Turbo

Is it possible yet to scale the MAF for like a stock wrx one? which is roughly 375 at 5v vs the 200 that's probably gonna come up pretty quickly once the fueling is in order. I didn't notice any IAT scaling or compensations either. That would be nice and probably slightly necessary for different mafs. But I like to run a gm iat post intercooler anyways even on maf cars so I can use iat ignition compensations to pull timing when the intercooler is heatsoaked.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:04 AM   #16
TerryJr
Experimenter

Fav Mod: AAA Premier

not to vere off course but id like to know more about this running a eg33 off a 16bit wrx ecu
Old 09-08-2016, 07:07 AM   #17
nhawks
2.0L Turbo

I do believe you could make the ez30d ecus work on one but you would need a custom cam gear with trigger marks for a denso ecu.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:46 AM   #18
Hydrochloric
2.2L Turbo

And you'd need some sort of breakout board for the injector and coil drivers for #5 & 6. There's no existing hardware in there from what I know.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:43 PM   #19
danscomp
2.2L

For the parts where you can turn off certain functions (ie air assist, evap, etc) does that mean you won't pass etest since they'll never be ready? Or do they just disappear and everything is a-ok?
danscomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:43 PM   #20
Hydrochloric
2.2L Turbo

I would guess that it's like the later ECUs- turning off the tests means the monitors will never pass... But there's a separate option to force pass the monitors.