DIY: ProjectLambda Stock ECU Reflash Tuning (Master Reference Thread) - Page 11 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
DIY: ProjectLambda Stock ECU Reflash Tuning (Master Reference Thread)

Old 05-30-2017, 08:23 PM   #101
ImprezaRSC
2.0L Turbo

Car: 2000 2.5RS BRP
Fav Mod: 8 SEMA awards.
Trader Rating: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crjohnson View Post
ImprezaRSC what changes did you actually make to the IAC to make it jerky?

I have an aussie 2003 Outback (ej251, manual) that has terrible on/off throttle jerk and I was hoping to try fix it a bit with the bluessm (just waiting for the ecu to be made compatible and I should be right to go i a couple of days).
You might have a bad iac to begin with. Worth a thought.

You can map two different iac tables. One related to throttle opening and the other related to engine rpm. Both are single column tables, labeled as a percentge of opening. I tried a steady increase in the numbers and it just didn't like it. Nice idea, but it just didn't work.

There are more tables available for IAC function. I just couldn't cheat with these.

Last edited by ImprezaRSC; 05-30-2017 at 08:26 PM..
ImprezaRSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2017, 05:42 PM   #102
danscomp
2.2L

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprezaRSC View Post
I noodled with the acceleration enrichment this week. I like the results. Tip in everywhere in the rpm range in a lot quicker. It can launch easy and take off a lot quicker. ITB cars typically need some loving on the accel tables. Throttle roll-on, jabs, and tip-in are all improved. No bogging, loading up, or flat-spots on tip in anywhere in the RPM band.

For those of you doing turbo work, this should greatly help your spool-up. You know how turbos respond pretty instantly on these cars, and this should bring it in even quicker, IMO.
Bumping up something you said a while ago. I'm needing a bit of help with this throttle enrichment. I'm getting a serious lean condition when I jab the throttle. Idle, cruise, WOT are all good otherwise. Any info/suggestions on how to adjust them properly?
danscomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 07:42 AM   #103
ImprezaRSC
2.0L Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by danscomp View Post
Bumping up something you said a while ago. I'm needing a bit of help with this throttle enrichment. I'm getting a serious lean condition when I jab the throttle. Idle, cruise, WOT are all good otherwise. Any info/suggestions on how to adjust them properly?
Adjust these two tables after recording a few logs. Look for STFT being added during throttle opening events. That's the clue.

Look under the Fuel-Transition tables. Acceleration Enrich and Acceleration Enrich RPM Compensation are two important tables for acceleration enrichment. You can give more tip in fuel based on throttle angle and/or rpm. That's where I got my tip fueling straight.

Acceleration enrich makes broad changes. Moving up the figures there by just a small increment makes a huge change in fuelling. It reads a little weird. The scaling on the columns isn't in perfect order.

The RPM comp table is a bit more straight forward. You can adjust a percentage of fuel added, by RPM. I believe this is a correction table to the Accel-Enrich table. Start here with adjustments.

I was able to dial in the character of the throttle with these tables.
Old 06-06-2017, 02:57 AM   #104
CO671
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Trial Hood&Liberal Grill
Trader Rating: (3)

Quick question, will a voltage clamp and RRFPR be unnecessary with this software?

For a 2001 2.5RS, I've been under the impression that a SplitSec Voltage Clamp VC3-100 and 12:1 RRFPR were the traditional items to begin turbocharging on the stock ECU.

Last edited by CO671; 06-06-2017 at 03:00 AM..
CO671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 05:20 AM   #105
nhawks
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Ricer Red parts for +25KW

yes you can properly scale in larger injectors and map sensors and actually run some boost instead of being a jackass with 5-8psi
nhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 05:36 AM   #106
CO671
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Trial Hood&Liberal Grill
Trader Rating: (3)

sweet, saves $220 I can put towards ProjectLambda thanks again for good info.
CO671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 09:52 AM   #107
ImprezaRSC
2.0L Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO671 View Post
Quick question, will a voltage clamp and RRFPR be unnecessary with this software?

For a 2001 2.5RS, I've been under the impression that a SplitSec Voltage Clamp VC3-100 and 12:1 RRFPR were the traditional items to begin turbocharging on the stock ECU.
They're unnecessary with this software. You can tune more properly with this and dial it in better.

If you ever get curious and have a few hours to burn, mess with the fuel pressure and watch your fuel trims change.
Old 06-11-2017, 11:18 AM   #108
silverton
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: turrrrrbbbbooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhawks View Post
yes you can properly scale in larger injectors and map sensors and actually run some boost instead of being a jackass with 5-8psi
What???
Old 06-11-2017, 08:54 PM   #109
nhawks
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Ricer Red parts for +25KW

Idk what you whatting? My comment about going through all the work of installing a turbo setup to still have a 14sec car?
nhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:16 AM   #110
silverton
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: turrrrrbbbbooooo

My car with 8psi is not a 14 second car. Either your timing is too retarded or something isn't right.