DIY: Clutch Replacement Pictorial - Page 20 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
DIY: Clutch Replacement Pictorial

Old 09-16-2017, 02:45 PM   #191
FryphaX
Premium Member

Fav Mod: Registration!
Trader Rating: (4)

Photobucket embed fix extension for chrome fixes the issue. You can also right click on the image and open it in new tab to view.
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2017, 04:55 PM   #192
SubyRS1
2.2L

Car: 2013 BRZ...sold the 99RS :(
Fav Mod: SPT cat back system
Trader Rating: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mn_skater View Post
I started replacing the clutch today and now I realized im out of pictures to follow.

*feels bad man*

I have started taking out all the trans mounting bolts but now I have to go searching for them all by my self with no guidance!

Please, Please re-upload more pics!

OK its all done now : ) All pics linked from new IMGUR host. All pics linked from Photobucket have been removed. If anyone sees a step out of order or duplicated please PM me and I will fix it. Pretty sure everything is in order though. Happy wrenching : )
Old 11-05-2017, 04:05 PM   #193
Scowly86
1.8L

Trader Rating: (0)

Thank you for the write up. I followed it (mostly) for a 2009 Outback. The only substantial differences being that I didn't remove the exhaust, just worked around it. My CV axles are a bit different to remove as well, I disassembled the knuckles and removed them first, which might not have been absolutely necessary.

To add my experience for anyone else doing this:

1) When reinstalling the transmission it helped me to get it started on the two studs and then balance it on the little protrusion - this let it level a bit more easily to align.

2) I should have bought the Exedy clutch kit from the start. I bought a Valeo kit, installed it and it wouldn't disengage. Teardown / reassemble to double check - still no dice. Finally got the Exedy kit and it works perfectly.

To confirm the timing, it took me 11-12 hours the first time and about 10 the subsequent two times with the longest single job being realigning the transmission.
Scowly86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:25 PM   #194
0necoolguy
1.8L

I want to say thank you for this post it was very appreciated you you got me through this whole thing I want to say thank you
0necoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:33 AM   #195
maro_donald
1.8L

Car: Impreza WRX 2001
Fav Mod: Handling mods

Big thank you for the write-up with pictures that work as well!

Just done my WRX using this post, and despite several differences, it made the whole process, dare I say, easy.

Absolutely amazing job.
maro_donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 07:56 AM   #196
Gc8fanboi
2.2L

Car: 2001 gm6
Fav Mod: Sound system
Trader Rating: (1)

Thank u for the awesome super detailed write up and pictures. Helped me through all my maintenance and upgrades. I started off needing to do my output shaft seal but figured I should just install my competition stage 2 clutch, grease up the clutch fork, install new throw out bearing, pilot bearing, output shaft seal, both front inner cv boots(cleaned up grease everywhere and also transmission oil all over from the output shaft seal. Been meaning to take care of those for months, feels good to finally get them taken care of. The grease on the fork was so old all that was left was red dust lol. The Throw bearing did not rotate smoothly, pilot bearing was bad as well. All that from just going NA-t and deciding to finally take care of all that. Now to finish installing the home brewed turbo kit!
Gc8fanboi is offline   Reply With Quote