Hooking up reverse lights now mileage and parking light doesn't show on cluster - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Hooking up reverse lights now mileage and parking light doesn't show on cluster

Old 04-15-2019, 11:50 AM   #1
AndrewB23
1.8L

Car: 1998 Impreza 2.5rs
Trader Rating: (0)
Default Hooking up reverse lights now mileage and parking light doesn't show on cluster

I just bought a 98 rs with a jdm 5speed swap from auto and I'm trying to hook the reverse lights up because the previous owner was too lazy to do so, when I hooked them up they just stayed on so I undid them and now my gauge cluster doesn't show my mileage or the parking brake light. I don't know what could've happened when they were working fine before I tried hooking up the reverse lights.
AndrewB23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2019, 12:43 PM   #2
AndrewB23
1.8L

I tried hooking up my obd scanner to see if the sensor code pops up and I'm not getting anything to the plug to turn the scanner on
Old 04-16-2019, 12:02 PM   #3
AndrewB23
1.8L

So after digging around and looking through the wire harness, I seen he cut and spliced a bunch of wires (very poorly) to get the manual trans to work. So I'm just going to pick up another ecu and harnes out of a 98 manual forester that way everything should hook up with no issues. The sad part is the guy I bought the car from works at Cosworth in Indianapolis and he does the wiring, I know he works there because that's where I got the car from and he took me and my friend around the shop.