Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

How many 2.5RS's were produced in U.S.??

41K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  critict1gc 
#1 ·
I've always wanted to know how many 2.5 RS's were produced? In America. 1998, 1999, 2000, and 2001 each year. Anybody know?? I saw somewhere 535 2000's were produced but I'm not sure.

#3 ·
There were zero produced in the US, they were all imported from Japan. Only Subarus made in the US wre Outbacks and I think Foresters. The Impreza line has always been built in Japan.

Now, if your asking how many were imported to the US each year, that's a whole different question! And there were a LOT more than 535 in 2000! Looks like that's just the number of coupes with automatics from that year.

NorthUrsalia.com: Old School RS Production Numbers

#8 ·
^93-01 impreza wagons are still very readily available on the road. I see them often in my area. Impreza L coupes are seen maybe a few times a month. The last time I saw a sedan was over a month ago. The last RS I saw was two weeks ago driven by an old woman. Have seen four vipers this entire year. That's in the tristate area with me driving 500+ miles per week.

#9 ·
Wait till 2030, we will all have the last remaining gas subarus! hahah

One day i want to walk in my garage when there are all electric cars and tell my son...

"SON, this is a real car none of that electric bullshit, yeah it may be quicker off the line but these are classics and there are now only 5000 in existence'

#20 ·
They don't have a version, that I know of, for America. But there is a UK website called howmanyleft.com and it tells you how many cars wer originally licensed and how many are left. It's kinda cool to see. I.think there were only like 4 original STi's sold there in 93.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.