Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

The Silent RS

5K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  image976 
#1 · (Edited)
So what are your thoughts about Vegas?

Well my thought would be dreams do really come true in Vegas. My story started a while back, most likely in 05 when my cousin first bought his blue bugeye, and from then I instantly fell in love with Subarus.

Then soon after that I started watching the all infamous anime, duh duh duh "Initial D", and saw Bunta's car. From then on I know I would get a car in that same body type. That was when I was just a freshman in high school.

Fast forward to May of my senior year (last year). I was playing the Maximum Tune game, and I fell in love with the S30. and so I just went out and got one. I loved the car, but it was too inconvenient, being just a two seater, and me going to college and always driving around with my friend.

So the end of my freshman year in college, I sold my beloved Z and continue on my quest to find my very own RS. Throughout all summer I keep on looking but didn't find any that was a match for me. Until one faithful September afternoon.

There it was on the classified pages of Nasioc and Rs25. All in its pristine condition. Then I saw that it was located in Arizona, so I was sad. But then I continued to read on and saw that the owner is willing to drive to Vegas to meet me up for the sale. Coincidentally, I was also planning to go to Vegas that weekend to celebrate my friend's birthday. So after a couple of days of talking and negotiating I went out yesterday afternoon 9-12-09 to go to Vegas and have my dream comes true.

This was quoted from the original Sale ad:

112,000 miles never raced or tracked
Clean California Title
No Leins
Car had extended Subaru Warranty
Fresh motor @ 55,000 miles under warranty
Fresh viscous coupling @ 60,000 under warranty
Fresh gearbox @ 68,000 miles under warranty
California car, no rust, mostly garage kept
Silverthorn Paint,
5-speed manual transmission
Black factory leather interior w/ red stitching no tears or discoloration
Goodyear Eagle GS-D3 tires < 250 miles
Hawk Ceramic pads and Brembo Rotors < 2000 miles ago
Car has all available options from the factory
CD/Cassette/radio with factory subwoofer
Fresh knock sensor <100 miles
Front end and roof just repainted due to sandstorm damage
New Front windshield
All front lenses polished and look new
No leaks, drips or rattles

Modifications:
ACT HD Clutch w/ street disk
ACT Street light flywheel
22mm swaybar rear with HD mounts and endlinks
20mm swaybar front
Katrboy short shift kit with urethane bushings F and R
Kartboy pitch stop (dogbone)
Goodridge Stainless Steel brake lines
K&N Air Filter
Optima Battery w/ Kartboy Tie down

Included parts:
Whiteline Steering Rack bushing kit
Whiteline Sub-frame lockout kit
Whiteling rear differential bushing kit
Kartboy Shift knob silver aluminum
SS braided clutch line

So my goals for now is to install all the included parts and hopefully put on an STI axleback that my cousin have for his GD, not sure if it will fit.

Future mods:
CF hoods/trunks/wings
Front Splitter (not sure which, can someone suggest me some)
Some ICE :) speakers, lightweight subwoofer, and maybe a Kenwood Touchscreen Double Din Unit.
Then work on the suspension and stiffen up the chassis.

This will be my DD so I will keep all the interior and no cage or bucket seat, maybe the reclinable ones.

Here are the pics of the Vegas trip:

waiting for the car to arrive

finally it is here

first cruise

arrive at a parking structure

couldn't pass up this opportunity

Random pics after that in vegas

Who the heck is that girl? I was taking a good pic of the Ferrari then she popped in ;)

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
yea the stealership wanted 59 bucks for it so went to a local shop. Found out that i had a broken o2 sensor. Time to fix it anyone know if fixing it is hard or expensive? Cause imma try to fix it when i install the swaybar

#22 ·
dude i remember seeing you at treys place @ redondo right? was that you buyin the s201 scoops and mesh fog covers? your friends were standing around watching while you and trey were putting the stuff on your car..

dude great car, i have the same exact STM. we gotta meet up and justt cruizzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeee. seriously cant wait to see which direction you go with this!

#23 ·
yea dude that was me. yea we should meet up and cruise maybe this winter break, cause im pretty busy with school and what not. right now i'm porly not gonna do much to the car cause I got no money right now.

#26 ·
just realized that I haven't post up the fog light cover painted

Also had HID for a while, but cheap ass shit stopped working one day, proly due to rain hitting the wiring, so now back to them Phillips Xtreme

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.