Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

My 2000 RS

22K views 57 replies 20 participants last post by  AWDkid 
#1 · (Edited)
Thought i'd start a members journal after seeing everyone elses. I've had the car since Janurary 09. Its a 2000 BRP with about 132,000. Looking at swapping soon.

How it sits now

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Contents~
Post #3 -Mostly Stock
Post #8 - New Wing
Post #21 - New Goodies
Post #25 - Gold Rims
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Engine:
EJ251
AEM SRI Intake
RTEC Heat Shield
MS3 High Flow Cat
Tsudo N1 Replica CB

Exterior:
JDM Tailights
Rear Spats
Rally Armor Mudflaps
Subaru Pink I Badge
Smoked Turn Signals
2.5RS Grill Badge
Debadged
JDM Clear Corners, Turns
Tinted Yellow Fogs
Xenon 8000k HID's
V6 STI Wing
Rims/Tires:
RS 6 Spokes GOLD

Interior:
Kenwood KDC-138 Head unit
Cobra Radar

WTB
Borla Reps
P1 Lip

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
nice start man, looks pretty clean. good set of early mods. I would recommend the supertones too...even though I don't have them yet myself on my RS, I want them too. but thats more like a want thing for me, so that can wait, but you need a horn and I would just got straight to the supertones(not only is it a loud horn, its looks sick too, haha). good luck!

#6 ·
Thanks about the caliper and brake upgrade guys. Just orederd them. cant wait to put them on. I think im just gonna go with a stock horn tho cause i dont have much money and cant afford the supertone.

#10 ·
Anyone???
go to a junkyard and take the rear rotors and caliper brackets off of a 2000 to 2003 legacy or legacy outback.

in your case you might want to get the calipers as well.

its super easy to do, i did it. the BEST way to do it would be to order new rotors, like powerslots/brembo blanks,ect. order new pads, i hear hawk pads are pretty good, and some stainless steel lines, like goodridge or so. get it all put together and bleed the brakes with some better fluid, like some motul 600 or so.

hope this helps.

curtis

#11 ·
www.rallyarmor.com

get some mudflaps while your at it, theyre the best!
Yea definitly bro i love the way they look. Getting like 350.00 back from my income tax so il order some.

go to a junkyard and take the rear rotors and caliper brackets off of a 2000 to 2003 legacy or legacy outback.

in your case you might want to get the calipers as well.

its super easy to do, i did it. the BEST way to do it would be to order new rotors, like powerslots/brembo blanks,ect. order new pads, i hear hawk pads are pretty good, and some stainless steel lines, like goodridge or so. get it all put together and bleed the brakes with some better fluid, like some motul 600 or so.

hope this helps.

curtis
Yea but doesint the H6 upgrade come with the calipers and stuff? I know that it doesint have brake pads included. Heres where i got them from.
https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/product_reviews.php?products_id=958

#13 ·
Thanks a lot man!!! Yea i love BRP. Defitnely not going to rice it out. I swear there is 100000000 Honda's that live by me and they are all sound so bad expect one. Actually there was one today that came out of our school that sounded so baddd, it sounded like a freakin loud R.C. car. Of course it had the the ricey body kit that was a different color and like half sanded off lolololo!!

#15 ·
hmmm....I think yellow tint/film on the fog lights would look sick...haven't done that yet myself either, but I've got yellow bulbs and they looks sick during the night. Idk how much it'll cost but I assume that its not that much, plus it'll add cool factor to your RS.

#17 ·
Got a new horn, but not the Hella's :(. Im going to be putting up some new pics of my car soon. My next mods will be Coupe Spoiler, Paint Stockers black, Subs, and maybe re-badge the 2.5RS. More pictures to comeee!!:rotflmao:

#20 ·
You don't need a RADAR!!! Unless you are planning to break the law. I don't have a radar detector, I only have 1 ticket on record and I think it's gone now. lols I'm such a bad person..... lolz
Haha yea dude(wanna know a secreat) its for looks lol :p . My gramps who gave me the radar detector said "The only good thing about a radar detector is knowing you've been caught lol.. I have a alot of new pic's by the way but need to upload them, So everybody stay tuned..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.