Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Eastfreestyler's Bugeye Wagon

46K views 179 replies 37 participants last post by  Brink 
#1 · (Edited)
2009 is crazy year for me (In a good way) :)
I found out my longtime girlfriend was pregnant, so i decided to marry her and start our own little family. This chain of events changed my plan of getting swapped GC/GF, I put all the modding aside and went out from the community for a while.

I had the Coupe for my commute to work, but the lack of space and non power feature turn me off since i have a newborn baby.
So after the registration and insurance expired,
i sold my coupe
http://www.rs25.com/forums/f145/t108146-east-m20-coupe.html
to a fellow rs25er (AWDKID).

I originally wanted to get Legacy GT wagon or Forester XT but i stumble on 2002 Aspen White WRX wagon on craigslist. It had plenty of issues (little things, nothing major) but i'm willing to take the tasks to fix it since i LOVE Aspen White.

My plan is to use this as another alternative to my other Imprezas, and hey i got boost the easy way ;)

Future Mod (no particular order):

- 5 % rear half Tint
- JDM STI catless uppipe
- Bellmouth 3" catless downpipe
- STI axle back
- 22mm RSB
- Eibach Pro kit springs
- KYB GR2 struts
- JDM Liberal Grill
- JDM Liberal Front lip Wagon Spec
- JDM headlights / USDM Retrofit
- JDM rear spats + aero splash
- JDM V7 hood scoop
- Walbro fuel pump

*If my baby hits 4 yrs*
- 6 spd swap
- Brembos
- EJ257

*blue font = done*

basically, i'm looking to build my bugeye wagon similar to this

or

Thanks for Reading
-Aaron

Attachments

See less See more
#113 ·
Just finished my rear suspension install.
I actually used 93-01 brand new KYB GR2 (part number 235070,235071) for my 02 wrx. Installed just fine with minor modification on the brake line mount.
I say that 1993-2007 impreza struts and springs are interchangeable (AWD, 5x100 only). You just need to reuse your rear sturt mounts (tophats) and minor modification on the brake line mount.

Pics

Saggy butt ftl :lol:

#117 ·
Thanks,
If you don't want to deal with headache of swapping your GC then Bugeye is the cheapest safest way to get boost...I'm still yearning to swap my GC tho...power to weight ftw
wow looks awesome
:projectsti.com:
i had a day off today and i was stuck at home! but i completely forgot about the install. how "minor" are we talking about brake line mounting? coz i know i'll be fine with some good ziptie if it broadens my search for good sets of suspension.

btw, awesome stance now! and you should get a "baby on board" sine that's matched with your wheels :)
If you use wrx specific struts, you can install the clip that hold the brake line steady into the mount. It's a little different on GC specific struts so i had to bend it, put the brake line inside the square and bend it tight to secure it.
I think i was better off using the GC specific in the rear since it gave me slight negative camber instead of positive if i use GD sedan struts.

#116 ·
i had a day off today and i was stuck at home! but i completely forgot about the install. how "minor" are we talking about brake line mounting? coz i know i'll be fine with some good ziptie if it broadens my search for good sets of suspension.

btw, awesome stance now! and you should get a "baby on board" sine that's matched with your wheels :)

#119 ·
^thanks Jerome...join the GD crew...haha
So yea, now that i have the suspension parts somewhat taken care for now (i still need 22mm rsb, Hbrace + fender brace)
I started buying parts for my stage 2. I just bought jdm sti uppipe on here from bigwig. Good pick up i say since the fitments will be Perfect and i heard they are few mm bigger on the inlet. Plus i have an uppipe leak (pretty sure it's gasket on the outlet)

the plan:
upipipe - jdm sti catless uppipe
downpipe - godspeed catted downpipe (heard good things about them)
midpipe - stock or 3" midpipe w/ resonator (toss up)
axleback - sti axleback or maddad whisper
protune or roadtune

I'm going to get those parts and install them after i pass my emission (Jan/11).
The goal is to increase the target boost and make it sound like stock :)

#125 ·
Thanks
What wideband are you planing to get? I'm leanig into an Innovate LC-1, and i need one soon to check my a/f. I was logging on the stock a/f and it was showing me some ok numbers but wanna make sure on the accuracy. I just stg 2 opensourced it :)
I was thinking AEM UEGO.
Motion Lab (vendor here has good sale on them w/ overnight shipping)

I always hear that AEM gauges are accurate, which is why i'm leaning toward that. My tuner doesn't really need wideband since he already scaled them, but my AFR will be tuned richer than if there was a wideband on the car. The closed loop (non wide open throttle) AFR can also be scaled by him without the wideband , but the open loop (wide open throttle) AFR will have to be kept a little richer than a normal tune since it cant be monitored. Thus is definitely need a wideband, plus i'm planning to run stock STI axleback (minimize the noise) and i don't want my tip to be black from running rich...lol

I choose prosport boost gauge cuz it's cheap and has opening ceremony. It doesn't have to be accurate also since there's boost sensor on the car that the tuner can monitor through the romraider logger during the tune (i wouldn't trust prosport gauges for tune).

I actually find local deal on ERZ catless downpipe but i think i might as well get Godspeed downpipe on ebay since they're only $100 shipped new( i can't believe they drop that much, back then they go for $200 and up)

#131 ·
^i hope so too man.
hopefully you don't have bent valves.

Updates:
I got my ATI pod

I'm ordering Prosport boost, oil pressure and volt for now. Subaru WRX Performance Upgrade Parts - Mach V Motorsports gives you 10% off if you order 3 or more prosport gauges - Good deal. I'll swap out the volt later with wideband once i have more money.

I also installed STI axleback

I hate eastcoast car. The exhaust bolts were all rusted and became parts of the flange. I had to use dremmel to cut them off, and put fresh bolts after.

someone buy my stock wrx dual tip axleback
http://www.rs25.com/forums/f177/t145332-wrx-dual-tip-axleback.html

#139 ·
what happened to the other?
i still have my GF and GC y0

That sucks...I just got one like last month. My first one in like 5 years. :unamused: The "funny" part is I was in my grams slow ass suzuki going to pick her up. She doesnt like riding in the subaru. :lol:
dude, gettin a ride on fast impreza with full cage, stiff coilovers and loud exhaust, can increase anyone' chance of getting heart attack :lol: not just elderly person...lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.