Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Eastfreestyler's Bugeye Wagon

46K views 179 replies 37 participants last post by  Brink 
#1 · (Edited)
2009 is crazy year for me (In a good way) :)
I found out my longtime girlfriend was pregnant, so i decided to marry her and start our own little family. This chain of events changed my plan of getting swapped GC/GF, I put all the modding aside and went out from the community for a while.

I had the Coupe for my commute to work, but the lack of space and non power feature turn me off since i have a newborn baby.
So after the registration and insurance expired,
i sold my coupe
http://www.rs25.com/forums/f145/t108146-east-m20-coupe.html
to a fellow rs25er (AWDKID).

I originally wanted to get Legacy GT wagon or Forester XT but i stumble on 2002 Aspen White WRX wagon on craigslist. It had plenty of issues (little things, nothing major) but i'm willing to take the tasks to fix it since i LOVE Aspen White.

My plan is to use this as another alternative to my other Imprezas, and hey i got boost the easy way ;)

Future Mod (no particular order):

- 5 % rear half Tint
- JDM STI catless uppipe
- Bellmouth 3" catless downpipe
- STI axle back
- 22mm RSB
- Eibach Pro kit springs
- KYB GR2 struts
- JDM Liberal Grill
- JDM Liberal Front lip Wagon Spec
- JDM headlights / USDM Retrofit
- JDM rear spats + aero splash
- JDM V7 hood scoop
- Walbro fuel pump

*If my baby hits 4 yrs*
- 6 spd swap
- Brembos
- EJ257

*blue font = done*

basically, i'm looking to build my bugeye wagon similar to this

or

Thanks for Reading
-Aaron

Attachments

See less See more
#84 ·
Thanks,
I own Impreza coupe, wagon, and sedan. Conclusion --> Wagon FTW :)
word. but thanks tho now i'll be keeping my eye on other 17's maybe i can use my luck and snatch some good deals again.
word, patient will bear it's fruit.

This just in, look what UPS just dropped off.

I gotta stop by radioshack to get 5pin relay on my lunch break.
Need to bypass the stock pioneer dvd parking rule

#87 ·
So i decide to try out 17' wrx wheels first

Still little pissed over this past week.
- I got my first speeding ticket (24 yrs old) :(
- I prepped used wrx coolant tank that i bought last week, and then used rust tough paint to prevent future rust. Once installed, i found out that it's still leaking at the same spot :( Time to find the STI upper coolant tank that i want.
- My soccer team lost on our local league tournament :(
- I installed my Pioneer headunit along with the bypass hack. Everything works but DVD doesn't show picture but i can hear the audio :mad: I seen others exp this problem, i tried stuff that i found online but nothing works. Time to hit up local Audio shop to fix it

#89 ·
Thanks,
I'm still waiting for my struts from fedex, it should be here by thursday.
It's tough when it comes to the side markers, i got plenty of combos to choose for. I know JDM CF delete or smoked side markers would look good with JDM or Koji headlights. I'll probably choose clear side markers since it'll match my JDM STI Spec C headlights and blend in with Aspen white color.

#93 ·
^word...let's see what happens in the future...there are lots of options when it comes to headlights.
I do know after plenty of research that JDM HID , EDM, Prodrive, and Morretes doesn't have good light output compare to stock retrofit headlights...Some of them out even retrofit their JDM headlights (double work)
I might really look into retrofit now if i have the extra cash. A vendor here is offering that service :) they look awesome too

Updates:
I installed my V7 goldies on the GG now.

The struts and springs are sitting on the storage waiting for install. I should have time and do them this sunday. I'll take some pics once it's done.

#97 ·
Thanks, it should be better when it's lowered
i still see it's stock height!! don't make me come take back my struts from you! hahaha did you get the HU working?
It won't have stock height anymore after this weekend ;)
I might have to take off my lip tho...It's starting to crack on the paint from all the rubbing with my stock height...yes!
The HU still have the problem, i might have to redo the wiring but i might just leave it to the pro to handle that.

Your cars always have jay-dee-em sick fravor, this one is no different! Looks good with the lip, grille, and wheels!
Thanks, BL
Still not true JDM till i have RHD...haha

#103 ·
Thanks Jason
nice let me get those old rims !!!
the 17' wrx is on the sedan. I'm bout to paint them black
This is going to be one sweet family wagon.
Amin brotha
so freeessh
thanks
Thanks for the heads up...i appreciate it
He has great price for JDM TMIC....but the scoop price is kinda high.
Although JDM scoop is tempting to buy, i'm still stock atm. I'll just do the DIY tilt Intercooler mod in the meantime :)

#105 ·
^yea, the JDM splitter works for the Big Jdm Intercooler...it wouldn't sit flush on my stock TMIC.

DIY IC tilt mod is where you replace the 2 bolts on the IC with longer bolts (1 inch longer), add washers and Tilt the IC up toward the hood. It's been proven to lower the temp across the IC (5-7 degree)
I'll look up the DIY thread for you.

#107 ·
^Thanks dude.
you got it, they're 2 backs and 1 front.

Updates:
The weather didn't help cuz it was raining in the morning...no garage ftl
I went to work instead and get off around 6pm to start installing them...I ended up only installing the fronts since it gets dark. I also found out that one of my kyb struts was blown, despite the low miles. I had to put the stocker in the meantime while i'm waiting for the new one. Good thing my rears have 0 miles so i won't have the same problem on that. Pics to follow tomorrow.

#111 ·
What a piece of junk you should just drive it off a cliff.

Oh wait just kidding, it's looking dope like all your cars. :)
:unamused:

:projectsti.com:

dont u love buying broke/messed up parts.... pm me back aaron !
True, but it's all good as long i get my money back (I got full refund from my purchase).
all ur cars are great
Thanks man

Updates:

They're still settling in on the fronts and I'm doing the rear next sunday.
Pretty happy with the Pro kit. Not as harsh as my other springs and doesn't really drop too much. No complains from my wife so far..haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.