Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Eastfreestyler's Bugeye Wagon

46K views 179 replies 37 participants last post by  Brink 
#1 · (Edited)
2009 is crazy year for me (In a good way) :)
I found out my longtime girlfriend was pregnant, so i decided to marry her and start our own little family. This chain of events changed my plan of getting swapped GC/GF, I put all the modding aside and went out from the community for a while.

I had the Coupe for my commute to work, but the lack of space and non power feature turn me off since i have a newborn baby.
So after the registration and insurance expired,
i sold my coupe
http://www.rs25.com/forums/f145/t108146-east-m20-coupe.html
to a fellow rs25er (AWDKID).

I originally wanted to get Legacy GT wagon or Forester XT but i stumble on 2002 Aspen White WRX wagon on craigslist. It had plenty of issues (little things, nothing major) but i'm willing to take the tasks to fix it since i LOVE Aspen White.

My plan is to use this as another alternative to my other Imprezas, and hey i got boost the easy way ;)

Future Mod (no particular order):

- 5 % rear half Tint
- JDM STI catless uppipe
- Bellmouth 3" catless downpipe
- STI axle back
- 22mm RSB
- Eibach Pro kit springs
- KYB GR2 struts
- JDM Liberal Grill
- JDM Liberal Front lip Wagon Spec
- JDM headlights / USDM Retrofit
- JDM rear spats + aero splash
- JDM V7 hood scoop
- Walbro fuel pump

*If my baby hits 4 yrs*
- 6 spd swap
- Brembos
- EJ257

*blue font = done*

basically, i'm looking to build my bugeye wagon similar to this

or

Thanks for Reading
-Aaron

Attachments

See less See more
#42 ·
must. not. spend. $1000
:stafiseiz

idk, i'll see if i have the money to spend for JDM headlights on this build (It'll complete the JDM tyteness of the wagon...haha)
although nowadays, there are tons of retrofit bugeye headlights thread on nasioc.

Walkthrough: 02/03 Bugeye bi-xenon Projector Retrofit, no cutting - NASIOC
The Write-up. How To Retrofit FX35 Projectors Into an 02-03 Bugeye - NASIOC

That's something that i've been looking at (might do it if i have deals on projectors)
In the mean time, I'm happy with my Spec C headlights ;)

Here's the sideskirts and cheap too!! :drunk: :stafiseiz

Liberal Side Skirts Wagon Subaru WRX/STI
:drunk:
Cheers
lol

#48 ·
haha, thanks
TINT are the only one thing that i will definitely do on all my cars.
Lip, sideskirts and suspension are optional, but i will def get :)
Lip looks dope. That sucks you guys are stuck with front plates.
word...you just had to bring it up :(
NJ FTL!!!
The grill looks good!
Thanks man

#53 ·
Keith, did you get catless uppipe?
Tune your car asap man
What are your thoughts on using WRX fenders?
I was actually close on getting the conversion done.
I convinced my buddy to get widebody set up on his aspen white wrx
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/rolandronald/n1338540015_30002048_4426.jpg
but long story short, the seller that he's looking on sold the widebody. So i'll have to wait till he finds another good deal on widebody for his wrx.

Liberal lip is so huge, I'm on stock suspension and it's been rubbing on tons of occasions. I have to be super careful with it, now i know why the previous owner had a big crack on it :lol:

#55 ·
Brembos are gone...After thinking about it, i don't think its the right parts for the wagon at the moment. It's somewhat flashy and everyone would assume you're STI swapped (including thief).

There are 2 threads on Nasioc tristate forum already this month about Stolen STI. It kinda remind me when my wagon got stolen :(
It's sad how Subaru becomes big target for thieves now (Menlo Mall which is 10 minutes from my apt is a big jackpot for them - Around 10 subarus got stolen there, including mine)

But yea, Im on the hunt for 4 pot brakes now. I'm also picking up Eibach Pro kit springs for my wagon this saturday.

#57 ·
^I heard man.
He wants LGT up fronts from what i know. Let's see if he could give me a deal ;) I do prefer red usdm wrx 4 pots but i'll take his JDM 4 pots.

NJ theft rate is ridiculous, I always put alarm + steering wheel lock on all my imprezas. Getting your car stolen is horrible feeling. I got mine back in one piece before but she was stripped naked

#60 ·
^I heard man.
He wants LGT up fronts from what i know. Let's see if he could give me a deal ;) I do prefer red usdm wrx 4 pots but i'll take his JDM 4 pots.

NJ theft rate is ridiculous, I always put alarm + steering wheel lock on all my imprezas. Getting your car stolen is horrible feeling. I got mine back in one piece before but she was stripped naked
well at least your a lucky one who got it back alright. nothin a little paint cant fix on the jdm 4 pots!

#64 · (Edited)
Got my springs
Eibach Pro kit (171/160 spring rates, somewhat soft and good for the baby :)

- I bought wrx coolant tank to replace my leaky upper tank (couldn't find sti plastic coolant tank reservoir that i wanted)
-Still tryna look around for kyb struts (i got couple people selling but still waiting on their confirmation)
-Also, i'm picking up Pioneer avh-4000 dvd touchscreen headunit tomorrow. I'm selling my stockers if anyone wants em.

Hopefully by next weekend, i should have the suspension installed along with JDM STI V7 wheels on the wagon. Prosport Gauges (Boost, Oil pressure, EGT) and ATI 52mm pod will be the next mod for her. Preparing for Stage 2

#65 ·
I've been out of the loop. Nice pick up on the bugeye wagon. Nice choice in springs too. I have the same, but I need to replace the struts. Im looking to do GR-2 because I've had set on my S13 and their affordable for simple somewhat comfortable ride quality.

What are you considering for struts?

#67 ·
Thanks, I was looking into GR2s as well. I have a set on the sedan and its holding up well. They're really affordable (i can get $300 shipped new on ebay), and basically the same as AGXs in 2/4 damper set. I do love my AGXs for the adjustable option, but i have a baby now so i don't need nothing stiff.

This car looks awesome so far! Can't wait to see it with the v7's!
Thanks,
I can't wait to see the bugeye with V7. White and Gold is good combo imo, I'm still planning to get White 17x8 wheels for it in the future.

#72 ·
hahaha,
i should upload the next pictures cuz there's a little girl that came by and decided to sit next to him on the car :lol:

But yea, i gotta find good place to order that recaro baby seat.
Looks pretty nice man. I'm definitely going to keep my eye on this thread. I love wagons!
Thanks,

Almost forgot, i also traded my 02 wrx wheels to 06/07 wrx wheels last night.
So i'm kinda torn between putting V7 or the 17' wrx wheels on the wagon.
Which one looks better?

or

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.