Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

GDB Impreza RS2.5 Supercharger system/s

631K views 4K replies 166 participants last post by  SteampunkFox999 
#1 · (Edited)
GC and GDA/B/G Impreza RS2.5 Supercharger system/s

Raptor Superchargers

Subaru Kit page Raptor Superchargers

Models now covered with supercharger kits

GC8 98 - 99 - MAP sensed 3 plug ECU 2.0 , 2.2 and 2.5 (AUS, USA. UK)

GDA - 00 - 04 MAP sensed 3 plug ECU 2.0 and 2.5 liter (AUS,USA,UK)

GDB - 04 - 05 MAP sensed 3 Plug ECU 2.0 and 2.5 liter (AUS,USA,UK5)

GG + 08 - 11 MAF sensed 2.5i (USA/CANADA)

Legacy/Liberty 2.5 MAP sensed 3 plug ECU 1999

The thread is named Subaru GDB (should also have GDA) supercharger kits - thats exactly what it covers. Yes these models are in the USA and do have the following features. If your Subaru doesn't align with info provided so far then it soon will, just as soon as the development machine gets to it

If you have a Subaru with the following features our current kit will bolt to it:

1. The machined step on the right hand side manifold
2. Flexible high pressure hose from P/S pump and remote P/S fluid reservior
3. GDA and GDB body style

If you have a 98 - 05 Subaru with the following features our current kit and piggyback ECU will fit to it:

1. The machined step on the right hand side manifold
2. Flexible high pressure hose from P/S pump and remote P/S fluid reservior
3. GDA and GDB body style
4. 3 Plug ECU
5. MAP sensed

3 levels

1. Not intercooled 6.0 psi boost USD 2800.00) + freight
2. Intercooled 6.0psi
3. Intercooled 8.0psi

If you have a 05 - 11 Subaru with the following features our current kit will fit

1. 2.5i engine
2. MAF sensed

New USA kit price - NON INTERCOOLED

The pricing is same for all Impreza and Legacy kits from 2001 model - 2011 model cars with EJ engines with alloy intake manifolds. THIS EXCLUDES 2004 MODELS OF IMPREZA WITH PLASTIC INTAKE MANIFOLD.

You get a complete non intercooled 6-7psi supercharger kit - to make your car work properly you will need to ADD WRX injectors and a TUNE

AUD$2750 + Postage (typically AUD$245) +3% extra if paid through PAYPAL (thats what they will slug us)

I have listed it in AUD so we can deliver without being killed by currency exchange rates.

Now more affordable than ever due to increased interest from your part of the world

PS* These kits will make your RS really perform, way easier than a motor transplant, it will be setup to give your RS the max safe power it can take with out being unreliable. Not more and not less.

PPS* Do not post in this thread asking for 10 - 20psi or wanting the kit for turbo short blocks etc, you are welcome to buy our excellent engine management system to make your tuning task easier but otherwise suggest you go the whole turbo engine as a swap if you want the BIG psi

ADDITIONAL INFO POSTED 2/10/2012

Boost is 6.0psi, very progressive and working well with the 10.1:1 compression.

The injectors have a LOT of range left to go yet, so the entire fuel system is handling this like easy for the AU,NZ and SA Subarus. USA/CAN NA Subaru's all need larger than stock injectors - Fuel pumps on all models worldwide are fine for 6psi

The torque is very unusual but the dip at the start still results in higher than stock torque and then increases MASSIVELY.

The stock power was 95kw and 240Nm (disregard the silly bit at start of the run) at the wheels which was very good due to breathing directly into throttle body, no alternator and P/S belt and the very good exhaust system.

The next chart should show the best run, well it was the best final tuned run as the best run was 123kw at the wheels but just too hot later into test to make that number again. So 119kw and 351Nm was measured. Increases of 24kw and 130Nm, that torque is unreal and when you change gear the car cranks right back into it.

The final chart shows the difference between stock and Supercharged at 6.0psi.

So as you can all clearly see there is enormous potential left in this system with the blower easily able to make 5psi more and some intercooling benefit, this could see the torque go another 80 or more if we go all the way.

Taking the pod filter off makes another 3-4 kw or brings boost up another .4psi.

To sum it up, its 40Nm ahead of but same engine kw (160kw) as the MY05 WRX 2.0 as delivered to Australia. NICE but with out the dead bottom end power of the WRX. Those in Canada or Nth America's colder area's could expect better numbers too. We are not exactly creating WRX killing weapons here, just increasing your NA power as reliably as possible.

In the last image is you will see data that is beginning to back up the dyno results! From the Dynolicious App on IPHONE. THIS IS FROM A SINGLE RUN, I didn't do any before or after, was just going for one perfect (as possible) run, could have revved it more in 3rd gear before changing but otherwise not bad.

Some of the data behind that chart is as follows:

Temp at time: 29C/84F

0 - 60kmh - 3.0 secs

0 - 100kmh - 6.4secs (62.1mph)

Quartermile time: 14.36 @ 162.1 kmh (100.6mph)

Max acceleration: .83G's

Peak Power 162kw (BINGO )

Updated: 12-10-2

Cars are running super reliably with this kit across all variants - 05 - 11 2.5i models can all be supercharged with the Raptor kit

GC8 - MAP sensed 3 plug ECU 2.0 liter & Phase 2 SOHC 2.2L (AUS, UK, not sure if this model was in USA)

The GC8 kit has all the same features as above GDA/B kit, refer there for additonal detail

GC8 Videos

SC VS NON SC COMPARISON VID

See Raptor Superchargers for additional GC8 kit info

Waiting on GC8 MAF sensed 2.0 and 2.5 (USA) only needing ECU pin out data
Waiting on GDB 4 plug ECU 2.0 (AUS, UK, USA)

GOING 9 PSI or more

I think before long we will all want to run a touch more boost, to do that safely consider that you WILL NEED EVERY item from the following list to have RELIABILITY

1. 380cc Deutschworks injectors or equivalent WRX injectors
2. Water to air or Air to Air intercooler system
3. High flow fuel pump (in tank)
4. 32mm BOV with 2Kg spring
5. Knock sensor with LED display using a Subaru knock sensor where possible.

If you aren't prepared to do the things in the above list ^^^^^ don't bother even contemplating the higher boost, we want you to have reliability not another broken engine story.

Unless your Subaru has a busted clutch or dodgy automatic this next step would should put every 2.5 Impreza at around a mid 13 quartermile as its quite a big step up from the 14.1. I ran with 5psi

Email us: raptorsc@westnet.com.au

Ph: 61+409897081

MSN: superc80@hotmail.com

Accepted payment methods: PAYPAL and TT = Telegraphic Transfer direct to our account

Attachments

See less See more
5 6
#13 ·
Sc

Didn't subscribe to my own thread - missed all the replies

The torque shown is engine torque, the 14psi turbo man would have more, no problem with that.

The pricing in AUD actually includes an Australian local tax which means you can't convert the AUD straight to USD which I why the USD price is different and why I converted it.

dubkeith - you know the deal bro :D Will leave here around Jan 7th, machinist (takes the Xmas break) has to produce a couple of small items for your kit, everything else is pretty much complete right now.

#16 ·
dromango

dromango

That is 120 wheel kw (says so on website), with your tricks installed 92 - 95kw is the wheel power you can get, not more.

You need the massive torque gain from the SC to make more power once you get the simple bolt on's done.

#19 ·
Intercooler option

MAF cars coming soon

Yes we do have a Water to air and it even looks similar to a WRX system.

#23 ·
Vicious

yes i think you could hook up the WRX cooler, from what I know of our system and the WRX the 2 should go together like hand in glove.

Our WTA system will be much more powerful in stop go traffic as the air to air WRX type will go quite dead with hot air rising through it. Out on the highway it will be a winner tho.

#24 ·
Davey

You must have missed the post by myprysa on the other Aussieland SC thread about this? He already has his FMIC installed, the SC system goes on next

#25 ·
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all

Another year come and gone, plenty good times were had, plenty fun getting to know our RS also.

We thank all those who bought products from us and even others who continue to daily support us in the forums.

Our wish is that you all have a Merry Christmas and the best new year.

Drive safely, see you here again sometime!

#29 ·
^^^You should probably take a look at his original thread all these questions are answered in there.

http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86819
The piggyback computer is on the way I hope ......... being manufactured as we speak.
The injectors have a LOT of range left to go yet, so the entire fuel system is handling this like easy.
Do you know the stock injector size? Since I really wouldn't want the injector duty cycle to go above 80%. If anything I would actually recommend welding injector bungs into each runner of the intake manifold and then splitting it with a 4 way fuel block.

This is my first time messing with H Engines but I have boosted an Ecotec Before (04 Saturn ION ... lulz) Here's an unedited video of the stupid car on a mustang dyno pushing 195WHP of fail http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3846485094153479287&hl=en
and the thread http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/performance-modifications/18396-went-mustang-dyno-sadness.html

Also wouldn't there be a code thrown due to the fast MAP rate for different throttle positions? Like for example once the S/C starts to spool the ECU will only see 1 bar max BUT at say 25% throttle the MAP reads 88kpa when it normally reads 65kpa (N/A) my old saturn threw this code when i boosted it. (Some sort of MAP High / MAP Low Code)

Just wondering if Raptor has experienced this yet in their setup

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.